Binti Family Tagging Overview
- What is Family Tagging?
- How Does my Agency Get Started?
- Can agencies create our own tags?
- Whats the difference between Family tagging and Offices/Regions?
- What are the next features on the roadmap for tagging?
- Are there any permissions associated with tags? (e.g. If I tag an application with “confidential” will it do appear?)
- Can I use tags in Placements?
- Where are tags actually being applied in the Binti data model?
What is Family Tagging?
Families can be assigned a “tag” (aka a ‘label’), and agency workers can then filter reports and dashboards by those tags. Tagging is a utility feature designed to be a flexible way to group families. Most use-cases can be accommodated. Below are some example use-cases that are unlocked by tagging:
- Filter dashboards and reports for families applying through specific offices or regions
- Filter dashboards and reports for families identified for specific programs
- Filter dashboards and reports for families recruited through a specific channels or recruitment tactic
How Does it Work?
You can apply a tag to a family via “Edit Application” > “Family Tags” (Binti employees can also do this in bulk, which is explained below). Once applied, you can filter the Application Dashboard and several other reports (listed below) using that tag. For example, below is a tag indicating a family was recruited at a specific recruiting event:
You may also filter for this tag in the “Family Tag” filter on the Application Dashboard by adding a filter for the specific tag:
Afterwards all applications that meet that criteria will generate as shown below:
How Does my Agency Get Started?
1. Create tags for your agency
This is where you will specify which tags can be applied to families at your agency. Currently, only Binti Admin (e.g. your agency’s Customer Success Manager) can create tags for your agency so you’ll need to coordinate with them initially. Send over a list of family tags you would like to be able to apply to your agency.
2. Assign tags to your families
Anybody can do this one-by-one from the ‘Edit Application’ page, e.g. as a process step during family intake, or after a new family self-signs up. Scroll down to “Family Tags” and type in the required tag. The available tags for your agency will appear in a drop-down.
3. Filter for your tags
Tag filtering is currently available on:
- The Application Dashboard
- The Case Loads report
- Recruiting performance report
If you have additional requests for places you’d like to filter on family tags, please let your Customer Success Manager know.
Can agencies create our own tags?
Not yet! But this is a future feature we want to enable for agency admins. We’ve initially limited it so we can understand how agencies use tags and see what guardrails we may need to put in place to maintain data quality.
Whats the difference between Family tagging and Offices/Regions?
These two filters are a different way for users to see applications belonging to a specific office or region that we will be moving away from over time. Taking “offices” as an example: A worker in Binti can be associated with an office. Any applications assigned to that worker will appear when you filter for that office in the “offices'' filter, e.g. on the application dashboard. The downside is that the office is associated with the worker, and not the application/family. So if a worker moves office or leaves the agency, we lose the association with that application to a specific office. In the future, we will update this existing offices and regions functionality so it’s less confusing which to use.
What are the next features on the roadmap for tagging?
- Add tags to the csv downloads for existing reports that can be filtered using them
- Add a way to identify which tags you are filtered on in reports/dashboards
- Transition the older “Offices” and “Regions” tags to fully replace them with “Family tags”
- Add tags to more reports including placements dashboards
- Enable agency admins to create tags
Are there any permissions associated with tags? (e.g. If I tag an application with “confidential” will it appear?)
No, tagging has no associated impacts other than allowing you to filter dashboards and reports.
Can I use tags in Placements?
While we want to enable this in the future, we have not yet done so. This is on the roadmap but does not have a delivery date yet. If enough people request it, the priority will be increased.
Where are tags actually being applied in the Binti data model?
In Binti’s data model, a license is the highest level grouping and a ‘family’ has one license. Beneath a license are all the applications for a family, e.g. their initial and any subsequent renewals. We apply the tag to the license, so that all applications associated with the family are shown when the filter is used.
Please sign in to leave a comment.